M9500 Automatic Proppant
The Grace Instrument M9500 Automatic Proppant Conductivity Tester performs fracture conductivity and leak-off testing.
It is designed to simulate downhole conditions of temperature and pressure while testing proppant conductivity and leak-off rates.
The M9500 operation software provides comprehensive data collection for future math modeling, and allows the user to monitor and record test sequences as well as exporting data reports in .CSV format. M9500 PC also enables precise automatic monitoring and control of flow rates.
The M9500 can perform fracture conductivity or leak-off testing separately or they can be run together as part of a pre-programmed test sequence:
- Fracture Conductivity Testing
The Fracture Conductivity system injects proppant fluids into multiple stacked test cells. Temperature and pressure settings are displayed on digital readouts on the instrument panel as well as being displayed within the M9500 software.
- Manual bleed valves for each cell
- Blanketed reservoirs for deoxygenation of KCl brine
- Inline heaters ensure that fluid enters test cells at target temperature
- Backpressure control and electronic balances capable of measuring 0.1 g/min.
- Leak-off Testing
The Leak-off testing system enables backpressure to be maintained against rock wafers in order to test leak-off rate.
- Handles multiple stacked cells
- Individual heating elements for cells and controllers
- 316 stainless construction for all components exposed to injected brine
- Computer-controlled pump for pressurization and control
- Flow-back Testing
The Flow-back test is run to measure the flow-back properties of a proppant using one or more test fluids.
- Measures the movement of particles in fluid
- Test fluids include silicate additives or corrosives
- Multiple cells can enable simultaneous tests
- Software can create multiple sequence steps for detailed flow-back analysis.
- Beta factor measurement (non-Darcy flow)
- Automatic calculation of Beta factor under various flow rates
- Maximum pressure rating: 1,000 psi
- All stainless steel for those components exposed to N2 injection
- Automatic mass flow controller controllable range min 1-300L/min
- Automatic Beta factor calculation
M9500 advertisement - 3rd Proppants Summit, May 21-23, Houston, TX (click to enlarge):
For more information, please contact us.