Porosity & Permeability System
M9170 High Pressure Porosity and Permeability System
- Width: 24 in.
- Depth: 26 in.
- Height: 20 in.
- Weight: 150 lbs.
- *All 9000 machine series products are all customizable
Advanced, cost-effective permeability and porosity system
The M9170 High Pressure Porosity and Permeability System is an advanced system for performing porosity and permeability tests on plug-sized core samples under confining pressures of up to 10,000 psi with three different testing media: nitrogen, helium, and dry air*.
The device can make porosity measurements based on the pressure to volume relationship given by Boyle's law. It can also measure the gas permeability of low permeability cores using an unsteady state pulse decay method.
In addition, the M9170 unit can measure the gas permeability of high permeability cores using the steady state flow method. After which the software is able to calculate the Klinkenberg-corrected permeability using the gas permeability measurements at different pressures.
M9170 PC software handles all control, measurement, data collection, and calculation of grain density, inertial coefficients, and rock compressibility based on the results of the porosity and permeability tests. Data is saved in .csv file format and can be exported to any spreadsheet software.
|Dimensions: 24" Width x 26" Depth x 20" Height|
|Weight: 150 lbs.|
|Maximum Confining Pressure: 10,000 psi (690 bar)|
|Core Diameter: 1.5 inches (1 inch optional)|
|Core Length: Up to 3 inches|
|Porosity Range: Up to 60%|
|Permeability Range: 0.001 milldarcys to 1000 millidarcys|
|Maximum Pore Pressure: 500 psi (34 bar)|
- Porosity range from up to 60%.
- Permeability measurement range from 0.001 mD to 1000 mD.
- Multi-sample loading facilities.
- User friendly, Windows-based system.
- Software handles all control, measurement, data collection, calculation, and report generation.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Supports nitrogen & helium as testing media (dry compressed air optional*)