M7540 Consistometer/SGS Tester
- Height: 27 in.
- Width: 18 in.
- Depth: 21 in.
- Weight: 85 lbs.
- Max Pressure: 20,000 psi | Max Temp: 400°F
- U.S. Patent-Pending
Designed For Compact, Super-fast, Easy Operation via PC Control
The patent-pending Grace Instrument M7540 Consistometer/SGS Tester measures slurry consistency, thickening time and static gel strength while the slurry is subjected to simulated down hole conditions. The proprietary design of roller bearings on the paddle shaft helps to reduce measurement errors. The innovative hardware design also prevents hydraulic fluid from mixing with the test sample. Two different kinds of testing paddles, a standard paddle and a fann-style sgs paddle offer consistometer testing and static gel strength testing, respectively. PC software included with each unit allows the user to construct test sequences, run tests, and interpret test results quickly and efficiently.
Robust Components Provide Exacting Measurements
The M7540 features a rotating paddle that turns at speeds up to 250 rpm. Cement slurry is placed in a temperature- and pressure-controlled cell, which is tested under conditions that are specified by the user through the PC software. The paddle is driven by a servo through a magnet coupling. The torque read by the servo is then used to determine the slurry consistency or static gel strength. The max rated torque for M7540 motor is 0.637Nm and the torque resolution is 9.72e-6 Nm. Roller bearings on the shaft paddle help to reduce friction measurement error. In addition, the M7540 PC software includes a safety feature that will shutdown a test above 1800 lbs/100 ft2 of reaction torque measurement to ensure operator safety.
Simple Set-Up, Easy Operation, Reliable & Repeatable Testing
The Grace Instrument M7540 Consistometer/SGS Tester enables the operator to perform accurate, dependable test operations with minimal preparation time. The hardware design makes the instrument easy to set up, use and clean. The unique design of the M7540 also prevents mixing of pressurization fluid with cement due to stirring. And more importantly, all hardware components are created in accordance with API industry standard specifications.
|U.S. Patent: U.S. Patent Pending|
|Dimensions: 27" height x 18" width x 21" depth|
|Weight: 85 lbs.|
|Temperature Range: Up to 400°F|
|Pressure Range: Up to 20,000 psi|
|Slurry Cup Rotation: 0 - 250 rpm|
|Static Gel Speed: 0.2 deg/min.|
|Pressure Medium: White Mineral Oil|
|Power Supply:240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Heater Power: 1,500 W|
|Max Rated Torque: 0.637Nm=5.63 pound.inch|
|Torque Resolution: 9.72e-6 Nm=8.6e-5 pound.inch|
|Compliance: API Spec 10A / ISO 10426-1|
- Unique patent-pending design
- Roller bearings on the shaft paddle to reduce friction measurement error
- Prevents mixing of pressurization fluid with cement due to stirring
- Fann Macs II style paddle and operation or standard consistometer paddle at user's choice
- Automatically conditions slurry
- Computer-controlled data logging
- Control panel optimized for ease of use
- Constant temperature control system
- Over temperature/pressure protection installed
- Designed for maximum accuracy and operator safety
- Comparison of current test data with historical test data
- Data analysis software compatible with MS Windows 8/8.1